Whenever there is a tough job at hand, and you need the proper protection for your feet people will more often than not, turn to steel toe boots. Can you blame them? Nothing protects as well as steel toed boots right? Technology is advancing rapidly these days and the same can be said for new designs to work boots. New composite materials are being used that sometimes even offer up more protection than a steel toe and can be much lighter and far more durable. Some Police Officers and even Firefighters are making the switch to the best composite toe work boots due to their agility and less weight to lug around for long shift work.
Composite toes may not always be stronger than steel toe boots, that being said there are many advantages to them as well and can be surprisingly handy. Travelling through airports you will not have to worry about setting off any metal detectors making it quick and easy to pass through security. If you are work in environments with electricity the composite toe is great as it does not conduct electricity or heat for that matter making these a safe and comfortable option.
Finally one of the best characteristics of the new composite toe in work boots is the weight. Composite toe work boots are lighter, much lighter. Long hard days of constantly moving can be very tiresome. Being lighter on your feet can make all the difference to having more strength and endurance throughout the day and steel toe work boots will not do this for you. Plain and simple, if you use composite toe work boots, you will expend less energy and last longer.
When looking to purchase a pair of composite toe work boots, you need to put a few things into consideration when deciding what it is you need and or want. Here are three very important things that your composite toe boot should posses before you go any further.
1. Type of Composite Toe - Composite toes can be constructed of many different types of materials. Fiberglass, Kevlar, plastic or even carbon fibre are just a few to start. Because these boots do not contain any metal in the toe, it makes for a much more comfortable fit, allowing you to last longer on your feet. As for which type of toe is better than the other, is up for debate. Fibreglass and Kevlar have been popular originally, lately however there has been a movement towards carbon fibre, due to the lightness and strength of the material itself.
2. Support - Composite toe work boots are great alternatives to steel toe boots and you should be able to move freely with them on your feet. Stiffness will aggravate your body and cause injuries which no one can afford these days. Depending on what you are doing, certain work environments call for an assortment of strange movements that you would not have anticipated. The best way to test this is by getting a feel for the boot in the store, or, if you are shopping online, take a look at what other customers have to say about the flexibility of the boot.
3. Durability - When working in certain areas, there can be several surfaces, terrains and even chemicals that can affect your ability to work and the wear and tear on your boots. Conditions such as these can be exceptionally hard on any work gear. From falling objects, chemical spills or simple elemental shifts, your work boots should be able to hold their own against these factors that would predate on a weaker shoe. If you are not careful, you will find yourself returning to the work store constantly replacing your boots. Make sure you take the time to find out the quality of the composite toe itself and the boot, this way you can save yourself some money and time in the long run.
Composite Toe Boot
1. Danner Men’s Super Rain Forest 200 Gram Work Boot
Featuring a excellent safety toe made with high quality fiberglass, the Danner Men’s Super Rain Forest 200 Gram Work Boot is well built, triple seemed with top notch leather stitched together with a Gore Tex lining. Due to the almost non-existent break in period, as well as the astonishingly comfortable feel, these boots have been very popular for the past twenty years.
Danner has always been a popular choice and for good reason. It is simple, with Danner you get what you pay for - High Quality. These boots will last a very long time, sometimes up to 6 years depending on the usage. You will pay a pretty penny for these boots but remember you will be able to rely on the Danner Men’s Super Rain Forest 200 Gram Work Boot.
2. Timberland PRO Mens Helix 6" Waterproof Safety Toe
With a TiTAN alloy toe box and superior lightweight feel, the Timberland PRO Mens Helix 6" Waterproof Safety Toe Boot is designed to allow you to work harder and longer preventing any fatigue you may encounter. This boot has excellent traction and grip allowing you to stay grounded to almost any surface out there.
If you find yourself working in wet situations at work a fair bit, not to worry, this boot is fully waterproof to help keep your feet comfortable and dry. However, this design of boot does come in a non-waterproof option as well for less money.
You do not have to worry about getting injured either, this boot can withstand just as much as a steel toe work boot, making it a very good purchase for anyone out there looking to replace their steel toe boot for composite toe boots.
3. Thorogood Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Boot
Another classic from Thorogood, the Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Boot uses a high-quality leather with a very comfortable insole. Fiberglass shanks and rubber outsole combined with the shock resistant footbed will give you some of the best traction in the business on every type of terrain out there.
This boot is very durable, designed to handle all types of beatings, the Thorogood Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Boot's safety toe box will protect your feet, minus the heavy and bulky weight and feel of a steel toe boot.
Thorogood has always had a prestige reputation when it comes to the work boot world. The company and its quality always back up their product with excellence. You will not be disappointed with any Thorogood boot, especially the Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Boot, as it boasts some of the best reviews of any composite toe work boot out there today.
4. Wolverine Men’s Corsair 6″ Work Boot
This work boot from Wolverine is a fine piece of work. It is built to be ready for any tough task. The reinforced padding paired with the sole takes on any heavy banging, along with a top layer immune to any scrapes or scratches, the The Wolverine Men’s Corsair work boot is a true brute when it comes to composite toe work boots. If you are going to be working in harsh conditions, this is definitely a boot you want to consider.
These boots have gotten very satisfying reviews, especially when it comes to the comfort level and stability. Excellent in both areas, having good quality comfort and stability will allow you to be on your feet longer and perform on a higher level! Not only do these boots perform great, they a have a neat distinct look to them as well. Overall a great work boot.
5. KEEN Utility Men’s Tacoma 6″ Soft Toe Work Boot
If you are looking for a boot for many different types a situations, casual or hard work, lightweight and offer exceptional protection, then do not look past the the KEEN Utility Men’s Tacoma 6 inch Soft Toe Work Boot. Keen has designed a boot to take you wherever your adventures take you and to do whatever it is need done along with it. The safety toe box is extra big and provides ample protection for every single digit hiding underneath those composite toe caps.
Comfort and stability do not lack in this boot. Customers have raved about the superior comfort the KEEN Utility Tacoma offers. Slips and falls will be no longer existent either, with an exceptional grip system, you can take these boots on waterfall hikes or on a nice walk on the seawall. An all around boot for whatever the day brings you.
So do not overlook the composite toe boot. It is a great alternative that is gaining popularity rapidly. I hope that this article has given you some insight on certain things to look for and what not too look for, and in the end, made it easier for you to make a decision on what to purchase when you go looking for a new pair of work boots. Steel toe is not always better, get a pair of the best composite toe work boots and be on your way and prevent any visits from EMS Paramedics...
If you find yourself consistently grinding the day away on concrete then you are no stranger when it comes to pain, aches and beating your whole body takes. It affects everything including your upper and lower back, hips, knees, shins ankles and feet.
Now if you are standing on concrete all day and wearing a pair of shoes not suited for that type of impact, it will only magnify the effects of a big old cement slab to your precious body. Because of this, it is important to read this article and consider getting the best shoes for standing on concrete all day and make a difference to your well-being. We here at "1stresponsetech" have gone through many different types and brands of shoes and work boots for concrete with in depth comprehensive research to help you figure which pair is best suited for you.
There are positive and negative to almost every make and model, that is why these reviews are here, to better educate yourself, not promote a certain make, model, or brand. Before we jump to our well-thought out custom reviews, lets take a look at what makes a shoes or work boot great for being on concrete...
We have narrowed what to look for down to 4 simple characteristics to simplify the process of choosing the right pair and found these to be the most valuable: Cushioning/Comfort, Grip/Traction, Support, and Flexibility.
The main thing to remember is the amount of time you will be spending on the concrete, that is what separates the shoes we have selected from the others; their ability to sustain maximal comfort and support through the long hard hours on the concrete.
1. Cushioning/Comfort - Look for a boot that has extra-ultimate cushioning and known for its comfort. The ability to absorb constant banging and impact in the hard stuff is going to make all the difference. Buying an extra insole for the shoes is a good idea too, if they do not already come with extras.
2. Grip/Traction - This is very important, not only will this make you more stable and confident, but also will prevent unwanted slips and falls, thus preventing injury, which we all know nobody wants. Look for shoes that handle wet surfaces well, concrete can get a little hairy with water.
3. Flexibility - The more you are moving around on concrete the more flexible boot you will want. You want to be able to bend, but not break! Remember this, this is important. There is a variety of stiffness to suit your very need.
4. Support - Support is pretty similar to cushioning, the more you have in your shoe or boot, the more comfortable you will be throughout the day. You need to protect your ankles, heels, and midsoles, having proper support should help you sustain this. Concrete is very rough on your body so you need all the support you can get.
Lets take a look at the top 5 Best Shoes for Standing on Concrete All Day....
1. Propet Men's M3851 Wash & Wear Slip-On Sneaker
Probably one of the easiest pair of shoes to take care of in the market out there today! These shoes are machine washable. Yes, you read correct, machine washable! If they get a little too dirty and smelly for your (or others) liking, simply sauce them into the wash on cold water then let them air dry. Its that easy! They have a very easy slip on slip off ability just to make another thing easier for you.
The Propet Men's M3851 Wash & Wear Slip-On Sneaker is a very comfortable shoe with lots of extra cushioning in the EVA Midsole designed to help absorb the constant pounding of the ground. You will not have to worry about slips or falls with the "Sure-grip" rubber outsole made to give you the best grip on any surface, especially concrete.
These shoes are constructed to last, with a 1000-mile guarantee, your feet will be comfortable, supported and ready to bring on what the long day will bring. Due to their featherlightness, you will find yourself less fatigued throughout the day aswell. Easy on the wallet to top things off, overall a good choice.
2. Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic Walking Shoe
Whether you are at the office, going for a casual stroll downtown, walking a light trail or on a light work site, the Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic Walking Shoe is a great all around everyday shoe. The unique walking platform provides excellent support. Constructed with special Strobel Technology, the Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic Walking Shoe has ample stability and flexibility along with synthetic rubber outsole for the best shock absorption you can find in the market.
There is extra grip added to provide you even more traction and slip resistance so can you move confidently throughout the day. Full grain leather gives you maximum comfort and reduces strain on your foot, for a more enjoyable day. They are a little bit more expensive but you will not regret spending the extra money on a high quality shoe for standing on concrete all day.
3. Keen Men’s Austin Sneaker
You will not have to worry about your feet getting wet with these beauties on your feet. Very water-resistant leather and a textile lining tell water to get lost like a bully in elementary school picking on a nerd, so you can have a very comfortable and dry foot all day long while standing on concrete.
To make it even better, the Keen Men’s Austin Sneaker have some top notch traction and grip due to the rubber outsole so you can count on staying upright all day, not face first in a dirty puddle, yuk! This shoe features a Metamoical footbed to contort automatically to the shape of your foot and give you support and comfort, especially when walking on unforgiving hard surfaces such as concrete.
If you have flat feet, back or knee problems and are constantly on hard surfaces all day, this is a great shoe for you!
4. Timberland PRO Men’s 47015 Titan Soft-Toe Lace-Up
With a Polyurethane midsole, special Comfort System, and the High-Rebound heel insert with a custom molded heelcup, the Timberland PRO Men’s 47015 Titan Soft-Toe Lace-Up are designed to keep you body and feet from aching, giving you the best support and comfort anyone working on hard surfaces all day could ever dream of. It has a anti-slip outsole, resistant of oil and abrasions gives the user the traction and grip required to be stable and supported on any slippery or tricky surface.
The Timberland PRO Men’s 47015 Titan Soft-Toe Lace-Up are built to last and extremely durable with the full grain leather design. They are not waterproof, so if waterproofing is an important part to you shoe and you are constantly in a more moist or wet environment, then these shoes may not be for you, or you could consider applying a water resistant.
5. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 8″ Plain Toe Boot
Known very well for their high quality work boots, not only does Thorogood excel that industry, they also design excellent comfortable everyday shoes that can help you with hard surfaces such as concrete. This is magnificent looking boot, and also has top notch qualities. The Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 8″ Plain Toe Boot composite shank for great support and wicks away moisture as well.
The best feature of this boot if you are to be standing on concrete all day is the Removable Dual Density Ultimatte Shock Absorption footbed which is stacked on top of the Poron 4000 Comfort cushion. This system alone will keep your whole body comfortable and eliminate any unwanted punishment your body does need to take.
To top it off is high end grip/traction anti-slip system, which will save you alot of pain preventing you from falling on your face or tailbone and a visit from ambulance or fire services. The priciest boot on our list but one of the most comfortable and supportive for hard surfaces, including concrete, out there.
I hope that this article has furthered your knowledge of things to look for if you are looking for the best shoes for standing on concrete all day, or just good quality shoes in general. Remember the right qualities to look for, Comfort/Cushioning, Traction/Grip, Flexability, and last but not least Support. If you keep these in mind, you will have no problem finding the proper shoe for you. The shoes we have reviewed here are not nessecarily the right shoe for you, they are simply the most popular and well reviewed. So keep safe and hopefully your day will not be too long on whatever it may be you find yourself on.